The Tony Awards are coming up next week and I hope you all will join me in watching Broadway's biggest night of the year!
Here's some tricky Tony trivia to get you in the mood:
2. The Tony Awards were named after who?
A. Antoinette Perry
B. Tony from “Westside Story”
C. T.O.N.Y = Theater Of New York
D. Tony Curtis
3. Who has won the most Tony Awards ever?
A. Hal Prince
B. Audra McDonald
C. Scott Rudin
D. Stephen Sondheim
4. Which of the following people has NOT hosted the Tony Awards?
A. Neil Patrick Harris
B. Angela Lansbury
C. Sutton Foster
D. Rosie O’Donnell
5. How much, on average, does a musical number on the Tony's cost?
6. Which of the following shows did NOT win Best Musical?
B. Thoroughly Modern Millie
7. Who actually wins the Tony Award for Best Musical?
A. The writer
B. The director
C. The producer
D. The star
Enjoy the Tony Awards next week on June 9th! And to all of this year’s tony nominated shows including MTI’s very own shows and writers PIPPIN, ANNIE, BRING IT ON and Harvey Fierstein, Amanda Green, Benj Pasek and Justin Paul – BREAK A LEG!!
How'd you do on the Tony Triva Quiz?
Answers are 1. D, 2. A, 3. A, 4. C 5. C, 6. D, 7. C
Read all of Brisa’s Pieces here.