MTI is once again a proud sponsor of the Broadway Teacher’s Workshop for professional teachers’ development on Broadway. We’re thrilled to announce the first two shows for this summer’s BTW: Billy Elliot, Broadway’s hottest ticket this season, and Shrek, the delightful new adaptation of the beloved film. Two other shows will be chosen soon.
The Broadway Teachers’ Workshop is a three-day intensive series of workshops and seminars with working Broadway professionals and prominent theatre educators, which takes place in the heart of New York’s theatre district. Last year’s workshop included Stephen Schwartz and Lin-Manuel Miranda working on Working (see article) with BTW workshop director and Working director Gordon Greenberg, and more.
This years’ special workshops include:
- Tony Award winners Lynn Ahrens & Stephen Flaherty (creators of Ragtime, Seussical, and Once on this Island)
- Tony Award winning Director/Choreographer Kathleen Marshall (The Pajama Game, Grease)
- Tony Award nominated composer Jeanine Tesori (Shrek, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Violet, Caroline, or Change)
- A sneak preview of the new Broadway bound musical Spiderman with BTW favorites, musical director Kim Grigsby and associate scenic designer Rob Bissinger.
- And practical workshops such as Choreography, Directing, Make-up, Discount Designs, Guide to Career & Educational paths from High School to Broadway with cast and creative team members of Broadway shows, Stage Combat and optional early morning moderated peer sessions.
There will be two sessions this summer:
Session A: July 9 – 11, 2009
Session B: July 13 – 15, 2009
Tuition: $549 for payments prior to April 1, 2009 and $599 thereafter. It includes 8 workshop sessions and your ticket to four shows. Graduate credit is available.